Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Greenville Jaycees Flat Out 5K 2009

Date: 6/27/09
Distance : 5K
Time:19:25
Pace: 6:15
Place: 6th

I had just started running last year June 08 and I decided to participate in this run in 2008. Actually this was my first running event and I had only been training three weeks before the race needless to say I was totally exhausted at the finish line finishing 38th , 22:45 min, 7:20min/mile. And determined to improve and to be somewhat competitive next year.

After entering several 5K,8K, 10k,4mile,8mile,10mile, two 1/2 marathons,14 mile and one grueling marathon I felt that I was better prepared and thought that it would be interesting to see if I had improved.

I got up late on race day 7:30 and had to be at the race start by 8:00am to pickup my packet.I arrived at 7:45 and had 10min to warm up before the race start. The race started on time and I was in 9th position and saw the lead runners way out ahead and knew there was no need to maintain such a intense pace and since it was quite warm out I started out at about a 6min pace the first mile then slowed down a bit at 1 mile, it was then that I was passed by a couple guys.

At mile 1.5mile I hit a comfortable pace and relaxed. 2.5 I start to see a few guys ahead that passed me previously and then I saw some of the lead pack. I felt quite good so I pushed harder to gain and eventually pass three runners and then let lose on the slight down hill on 5th st. leading to the finish line. I tried to kick harder resulting in rapid and heavy as I neared the finish. In the end, I finished in 6th and placing first in my age group.
Compared to last year results I finished 3.2 min faster this year.

Overall,This was quite a good run and well organized with a nice course with no sharp turn around points. Race started on time and results were up by 12:00 noon on race day!























































































































































































































































































































































































































1 comment:

  1. www.mioruro.com la web portal de Bolivia con noticias, televisión en vivo, radios, actualidad, historia, etc.
    www.artbolivia.com Web de arte de Bolivia con artesanías, pintura, literatura, música, artistas, etc.
    www.losavisitos.com web de anuncios clasificados
    www.ruedasmotores.com web sobre autos, carreras y deportes en ruedas
    www.laredx.com web de contenido adulto formado
    www.xjornadas.com web con contenido para gente de criterio formado
    www.arquihome.com web de la construcción, arquitectura, diseño, ingeniería, inmobiliario
    www.museosanmiguel.com web de museo de arte sacro, religioso, cristiano

    ReplyDelete