Thursday, April 22, 2010

Walk/Run/Bike Umstead 2010 4 mile run



I had to run this event again not only is it a great fast run but they also have activities ( Crafts, tattoos, live owls..) for kids thus my daughter would have a fun time while I run



Great improvement over last year is that the runners didn't have to wait ~ 5mins in 80 degree temp at the race start for a biker who was suppose to lead the runners.

Ashleigh took this photo of the race start.











As we started off and ran up Reedy Creek Road I managed to take 6th position and held that position until I was passed by a runner at mile 1 and later managed to pass this runner at 1.5M as we ran up one of the inclines leading to the turn around point at mile 2.


I was pushing myself quite intensely as I passed the turn around. I wanted to keep this position and take another if I was able to.

Far as I could tell there was no one close behind me at 3M and I could see a runner ahead of me but was unable to pass him.


Pic of me coming in for the finish and the race winner who seems to have recovered and at ease while I'm still pushing hard for the finish.




I managed to finish 6th overall and from doing so got a cap and two gels. We stayed around for the drawing and to my amazement my ticket number was called and I won a really nice blue bird house.






































































































No comments:

Post a Comment