Saturday, July 11, 2009

Landfall July 4th 5K




Date: 7/4/09

Distance: 5K

Time: 19:20

Pace: 6:13

Place: 7th overall, 1st age group

Last June I had entered four 5K runs and when I heard about this run in Wilmington,NC I just had to enter since I would be there to see my relatives and celebrate the 4th downtown and watch the fireworks.



This was a really nice fast course well desigined that with only one turnaround. I arrived at the entrance of Landfall at 6:30am and meet Chris. We picked up our packets and I warmed up by jogging 10min then streching afterwards. The race start was at 7:30am and by that time the temp was 82 degree F so I drank water and gatorade in order to make sure I was hydrated.

At the start I again noticed a kid that was running at an unbearable pace and at about the first mile slowed and was passed by me and lead group. At mile 2 I had a couple people to pass me but I just keep a comfortable pace and tried to relax and enjoy.

At the last 0.5 mile of the race I then was able to increase my pace and burst to the finish. I finished 7th overall and 1st in my age group, yet I'm still not satisfied with my position. I hope to eventually be able to run under a 6min/mile pace. so untill then I have to train intensly and wisely both for cardio endurance and muscle endurance.

My next run will be the 30th Annual Historic Beaufort Road Race on Saturday, July 18th, 2009.This will first time running this and I know that it may possiblly be hot and humid for this event.






No comments:

Post a Comment